I always try to read and learn about new languages. This is often required by clients too. Hence, this list is probably outdated by the time you read it.
Object Oriented Design
Domain Driven Design
Data Context Interaction
Sandi Metz rules
Chef solo (basics)
Web Frameworks (in order of preference)
Front-end / Web design
Foundation (used for this site)
MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Micrososft SQL Server
Redis (some exposure)
Rails: Rspec/FactoryGirl/Guard/Capybara/Spork/MiniTest (Test Driven Development)
OpenCV (image processing in C++)
I learned the basics during my studies at the University. It was an optional course. We saw and practiced among other things the techniques discussed in "Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning" by Christopher M. Bishop.
These techniques include: Neural networks, Logistic/Linear Regression, Q-learning, Support Vector Machines, K-nearest neighbor, Gaussian mixture models, PCA.
In my freetime I read a lot of papers about Machine learning. My main interests are style transfer, Deep learning applied to computer vision problems and generative models. I try to keep up with recent developments in the community through online reading and watching (papers, discussions, blogs, courses). I run my own Deep learning desktop on which I love to experiment. I have experience with the popular research frameworks. I also give presentations about machine learning trends and techniques.
Some of my accomplishments requiring soft skills.
- Giving presentations about new trends and techniques in software design and machine learning. Writing blog articles about Rails or Ruby.
- Mentoring junior developers at multiple projects.
- Participating in several optional entrepreneurial courses and competitions with different ideas.
- Starting my own tutoring company as a side project to aid both high school and university students succeed. The company had four tutors including me.
- Volunteering as book president in the fraternity of our faculty of Engineering. Hence, my responsibilities included the distribution and sales of course materials for the faculty of Engineering in Ghent (~2800 students). This also involved communication and negotiation with faculty staff and suppliers (achieving significant cost reductions)
- Organizing and supervising a 20 day trip to the USA from Belgium for a group of 9 staying at 12 different locations.
Dutch(native), English(fluent), Spanish(fluent), French(fluent)
My master thesis was written in English. My engineering studies were in Dutch. I obtained a French and Ecuadorian high school diploma and did one year of "classes préparatoires aux grandes écoles" in France.
MSc in Computer Science Engineering: ICT from the University of Ghent